Abergeldie is a locally owned contractor with over 25 years’ industry experience in Australia and New Zealand. We design and deliver projects in the Water, Bridges, Transport, Underground, Energy and Remediation industry sectors. Projects include dams, bridges, tunnels, water and wastewater treatment process facilities, rail infrastructure, mining infrastructure, electrical substations, marine works and pipeline rehabilitation: the complex infrastructure needed to build better communities.
Abergeldie designs and delivers multi-disciplinary rail projects including track formation reconditioning, points and crossing renewals, 1500V OHW, HV traction, station infrastructure, bridges and rail infrastructure: the complex infrastructure to build better communities. Abergeldie also designs and constructs traction power substations, zone substations, buried and overhead cables, cable tunnels and conduits.
About the role and responsibilities
The Pre-Contracts Rail Lead has the authority and responsibility to carry out the following duties, which include but are not limited to -
- Develop pricing proposal strategies to ensure the the highest probability of success
- Review tender documentation ensuring a full and complete understanding of the technical and commercial commitment
- Undertake any ad hoc projects initiatives and tasks directed by General Manager
- Coordinate the collation of information required to prepare the submission of the bid proposal. e .g. engineering, suppliers, human resources
- Development and vetting of tender packages to suppliers and subcontractors
- Develop pricing and cost models for tenders .
What you need
- Extensive experience (5 +) working in a similar role with Rail or Transport in Australia
- Tertiary Qualification in a relevant discipline (Commerce, Engineering, Marketing etc)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously
- Excellent business acumen, literacy & numeracy, and communication skills
- Must have an Australian Drivers Licence
- Strong communication skills (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships
- Proficient skills in computers : MS Word, Excel, Power Point and email.
- Abergeldie Bonus Scheme
- Corporate Health Cover discount program
- Employee Assistance Program
Flu Vaccination Clinic
#bestpeople #bestdelivery #bestplanning
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone and email. Agencies, please be guided by the Abergeldie PSA.