The Safety Focused Performance Joint Venture (SFPJV) is a delivery team comprising of Abergeldie Complex Infrastructure (Abergeldie), Downer Group (Downer) and Stantec Australia (Stantec) - together we are delivering the Melbourne Water Capital Works Program, a long term program valued at approximately $500 million.
About the role
Reporting to the Project Director, your passion for engineering within the Water and Wastewater industry will be a valuable addition to this diverse, high performing and dedicated team.
We are looking for a technically minded individual, with a relevant engineering degree combined with significant experience in Water and Utilities industry projects ideally in Melbourne, Australia.
Your primary responsibility is to partner with the Project Director to ensure the project is adequately supported, delivering safe and quality projects within the framework.
Key duties of the role are:
- Plans project execution from start to finish, including necessary activities, procurement, resources and milestones.
- Manages planned activities using industry-standard scheduling techniques and manages risk and difficulties accordingly.
- Understands legal and contractual requirements to manage projects within given borders and to request legal support/clarification as needed.
- Reports status/progress to customer and other stake holders with appropriate detail.
- Manage scope including the collection and management of all project issues, whether just a question, a change, or a claim, with associated negotiations and approvals.
- Identify, contain and reduce risk, and ensure that all opportunities for margin maximisation and growth opportunities.
To be considered for the role you will require:
10 years’ experience in managing and delivering complex civil projects in the water sector, with knowledge or tunnelling / significant below and above surface works highly desirable.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of project financial & commercial management, forecasting, procurement and contracts management functions
- Positive and pro-active approach toward teamwork.
- Experienced in managing multiple stakeholders
- Abergeldie Bonus Scheme
- Corporate Health Cover discount program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flu Vaccination Clinic
#bestpeople #bestdelivery #bestplanning
Abergeldie is a locally owned contractor with over 25 years’ industry experience in Australia and New Zealand. We design and deliver projects in the Water, Bridges, Transport, Underground, Energy and Remediation industry sectors. Projects include dams, bridges, tunnels, water and wastewater treatment process facilities, rail infrastructure, mining infrastructure, electrical substations, marine works and pipeline rehabilitation: the complex infrastructure needed to build better communities.
Our dedication to building better communities goes beyond delivering complex infrastructure projects that tangibly improve and connect communities, it is also deeply embedded into our core values as a civil engineering business. We care about the environment, sustainability, human rights and equal opportunity rights.