Abergeldie is a locally owned contractor with over 25 years’ industry experience in Australia and New Zealand. We design and deliver projects in the Water, Bridges, Transport, Underground, Energy and Remediation industry sectors. Projects include dams, bridges, tunnels, water and wastewater treatment process facilities, rail infrastructure, mining infrastructure, electrical substations, marine works and pipeline rehabilitation: the complex infrastructure needed to build better communities.
Our dedication to building better communities goes beyond delivering complex infrastructure projects that tangibly improve and connect communities, it is also deeply embedded into our core values as a civil engineering business. We care about the environment, sustainability, human rights and equal opportunity rights.
CAPITAL WORKS PROGRAM (SFP JV)
SFP JV is delivering a program of works covering a diverse range of design and construct and pipeline rehabilitation projects.
Abergeldie are seeking to appoint a Financial Accountant in a full-time, permanent role, located in West Melbourne. Reporting the Finance Manager, the Financial Accountant will work closely with Finance Manager to ensure timely processing of financial information and support the project teams to ensure financial reporting obligations are met and policies and processes are followed.
- Preparation of monthly financial reports and general ledger reconciliations.
- Deliver high-quality financial reporting in a timely manner.
- Prepare project valuations.
- Assisting with month end reporting and analysis including posting of journals/accruals.
- Raise project claims in line with contractual timeframes.
- Develop cash flow projections and monitor actual results.
- Responsible for the completion of BAS returns.
- Prepare and maintain balance sheet reconciliation across key accounts.
- Bank reconciliation and Preparation of various MIS reports.
- Prepare and assist with EOM reporting including vendor statements.
- Professionally qualified as an Accountant (e.g. CA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent)
- Significant experience in Financial Accounting
- Exposure to large ERP systems (JDE preferable)
- Significant prior month end close experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
#bestpeople #bestdelivery #bestplanning
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone and email. Agencies, please be guided by the Abergeldie PSA.