Abergeldie is a locally owned contractor with over 25 years’ industry experience in Australia and New Zealand. We design and deliver projects in the Water, Bridges, Transport, Underground, Energy and Remediation industry sectors. Projects include dams, bridges, tunnels, water and wastewater treatment process facilities, rail infrastructure, mining infrastructure, electrical substations, marine works and pipeline rehabilitation: the complex infrastructure needed to build better communities.
Our dedication to building better communities goes beyond delivering complex infrastructure projects that tangibly improve and connect communities, it is also deeply embedded into our core values as a civil engineering business. We care about the environment, sustainability, human rights and equal opportunity rights.
About the role
Abergeldie Structural Fabrications are looking for a welder to join the team. ASF works alongside our other divisions such as Infrastructure and Rail, producing high quality steel structures for our projects. We are looking for someone with some experience in weld procedures and drawings to join our team.
- Fabricating and welding products
- Selecting, cleaning and preparing metal from stock
- Cutting marked-out metal sections and shapes using hand tools, flame cutting torches and metal cutting machines
- Joining metal sections using various welding techniques, bolting
- Examining welds for width, penetration and precision
- Cleaning and smoothing welds by filing, chiselling and grinding
What you need
- Tig & MIG welding experience in a manufacturing environment
- Some experience in stainless steel and aluminium welding a big advantage
- Welding Certification or relevant experience
- Current driver's license and reliable transport
- Be able to work in a team environment
- Be motivated, reliable and take pride in their workmanship
- A strong safety focused work ethic
- Abergeldie Bonus Scheme
- Corporate Health Cover discount program
- Employee Assistance Program
Flu Vaccination Clinic
#bestpeople #bestdelivery #bestplanning
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone and email. Agencies, please be guided by the Abergeldie PSA.