Abergeldie is an Australian owned contractor with over 25 years’ industry experience in Australia and New Zealand. We design and deliver projects in the Water, Bridges, Transport, Underground, Energy and Remediation industry sectors. Projects include dams, bridges, tunnels, water and wastewater treatment process facilities, rail infrastructure, mining infrastructure, electrical substations, marine works and pipeline rehabilitation: the complex infrastructure needed to build better communities.
Our dedication to building better communities goes beyond delivering complex infrastructure projects that tangibly improve and connect communities, it is also deeply embedded into our core values as a civil engineering business. We care about the environment, sustainability, human rights and equal opportunity rights.
Abergeldie offers condition assessment of pipelines and sewer rehabilitation using trenchless technology. Our rehabilitation services include pipeline rehabilitation and lining, structural network repairs and structural rehabilitation and coatings.
About the role
We are seeking an experience Senior Project Engineer/ Project Manager to be part of the NSW Rehabilitation team and based out of our Regent Parks office. Reporting into the Delivery Manager, the position will be responsible for the coordination, organisation, planning and delivery of pipe rehabilitation works.
You will manage the program, client and resources required to undertake and complete projects on time and within budget. Your commitment to delivering projects and maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with both contractual and statutory requirements will be critical to your success in the role.
To be considered for this role you will have proven experience within a leadership or continuous improvement focused position. You must have strong leadership through engagement skills with an ability to motivate staff and project teams to consistently meet and exceed expectations whilst providing a motivated a safe environment. There is also a need to positively contribute to operational excellence, develop staff and drive cultural change.
Your responsibilities but not limited to;
- Determine and develop strict deadlines with a balance of working under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Effectively manage employee resources including performance issues and escalate to DM if required.
- Manage, coordinate and deliver projects to meet Client strategic needs, time frames and budgets
- Prepare monthly project reports, advising on program, cost, cash flow, budgets, forecasts, risk and quality.
- Maximise revenue by ensuring effective and efficient utilisation of resources.
- Liaise with supervisors, site crews, site personnel and subcontractors.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and develop new business opportunities.
- Implement QA techniques that comply with company and client Safety, Quality and Environment procedures and requirements.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills; work with multiple clients and concurrent contracts; Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Experience in managing and understanding contract deliverable and account abilities; contract conflict resolution.
What you need
- Bachelor of Engineering or Project Management
- Sound experience in Project Management or Senior Project Engineering role within Water or Rehab industry.
- Experience with quality control, construction completion and commissioning.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Innovation and leadership.
- Commitment to contributing to a high-performance culture.
- Positive and pro-active approach towards teamwork.
- Abergeldie Bonus Scheme
- Corporate Health Cover discount program
- Employee Assistance Program
Flu Vaccination Clinic
#bestpeople #bestdelivery #bestplanning
No Agency applications will be accepted for the role