We are seeking an energetic leader who is passionate about sustainability and improving the environment for all people.
Abergeldie is committed to building better communities by ensuring our operations contribute to the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
The Sustainability and Environmental Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a strategy to achieve the objectives outlined in our Environmental and Sustainability policies. This will include developing and implementing our Corporate Social Responsibility procedures (based on ISO 26000) to effectively assess and address social responsibility issues that impact our operations ensuring Abergeldie upholds and works towards finding new, innovative and economically reductive practices that minimise waste, reduce our carbon footprint, and maximize efficiency.
Partnering with construction teams to develop, implement and monitor construction environmental management plans across all our projects ensuring implementation of our Environmental Management System, which is certified to ISO 14001:2016.
As well as providing a project leadership role in the delivery of our project sustainability and environmental objectives you will also recruit, mentor, train and develop a team of Environmental Engineers to support the delivery of this function across all projects.
Abergeldie is a locally owned contractor with over 25 years’ industry experience in Australia and New Zealand. We design and deliver projects in the Water, Bridges, Transport, Underground, Energy and Remediation industry sectors. Projects include dams, bridges, tunnels, water and wastewater treatment process facilities, rail infrastructure, mining infrastructure, electrical substations, marine works and pipeline rehabilitation: the complex infrastructure needed to build better communities.
Our dedication to building better communities goes beyond delivering complex infrastructure projects that tangibly improve and connect communities, it is also deeply embedded into our core values as a civil engineering business. We care about the environment, sustainability, human rights and equal opportunity rights.
- Develop and implement strategic objectives to achieve Sustainability and Environmental Policy outcomes.
- Development and implementation of strategy to ensure our operational emissions become Net Zero by 2035.
- Represent Abergeldie in climate, SDs and UN Human Rights.
- Develop, Implement and monitor Construction Environment and Sustainability Management plans on projects.
- Lead and implement activities to support our Modern Slavery Statement.
What you need
- Highly developed capacity to communicate and engage with the community, team members, senior management and other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Bach or Masters in Environmental, Engineering Science or related field.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant State and Federal Government legislation and policies.
- Abergeldie Employee Bonus Scheme
- Corporate Health Cover discount program
- Employee Assistance Program
#bestpeople #bestdelivery #bestplanning
Applications close 7 October 2022. For a confidential conversation, please contact Head of People and Culture, Janelle Owen on 02 8717 7731.
Agencies and recruiting partners, please be guided by the Abergeldie PSA.