Abergeldie is a locally owned contractor with over 25 years’ industry experience in Australia and New Zealand. We design and deliver projects in the Water, Bridges, Transport, Underground, Energy and Remediation industry sectors. Projects include dams, bridges, tunnels, water and wastewater treatment process facilities, rail infrastructure, mining infrastructure, electrical substations, marine works and pipeline rehabilitation: the complex infrastructure needed to build better communities.
Our mission to build better communities goes beyond providing complex infrastructure, it is deeply embedded in our culture and values as an engineering business.
About the role
Expanding Environment and Sustainability capability and resources for projects in VIC. We are currently recruiting for a new role to assist with all Victorian projects across Rehabilitation, Water Renewals and Water Joint Ventures.
Day to day you will be responsible for supporting the project team to develop and implement environmental controls and strategies on site to ensure compliance to all project approvals and regulatory requirements. You will also support the project team with client stakeholder engagement on environmental aspects of the project. Day to day you will;
- Ensure compliance with Abergeldie's environmental management system.
- Develop and maintain Construction Environmental Management Plans (CEMP), Environmental Risk Assessments (ERA) and Project Sustainability Management Plans (PSIP).
- Obtain necessary approvals for environmental permits and access of works.
- Ensure environmental legal compliance and that environmental and sustainability targets are met.
- Conduct risk assessments, inspections, and audits and investigate incidents.
- Manage environmental and sustainability reporting, including monthly project reports. Auditing and inspections where required
- Reviewing environmental approvals for pre-contracts
- Subplans development and organising specialist consultants, where required
- Monitoring on site and liaising with specialist consultants
- Representing environmental team and consistency across VIC projects, awareness, training, toolboxes
You will have relevant tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science or related discipline with a strong knowledge of VIC environmental legislation and regulatory frameworks. You will also have experience in a similar role within the civil construction industry ideally with experience working on water related projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Victorian construction environmental management experience
- Team player
- Site environmental construction management experience – understands technical enviro controls, plans, approval conditions, regulatory requirements, permits etc.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001
- Experience in the preparation of site and system documentation.
Why you should work with us
Our people are what make Abergeldie successful, and we make sure that this is the kind of place where great people enjoy working for the long term. We have a range of employee benefits including the Abergeldie Bonus Scheme, where all eligible employees share in the benefits of the projects they have helped to deliver. When we deliver winning projects, we celebrate success together!
#bestpeople #bestdelivery #bestplanning
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone and email. No agencies applications will be accepted for this role!