Abergeldie is a locally owned contractor with over 25 years’ industry experience in Australia and New Zealand. We design and deliver projects in the Water, Bridges, Transport, Underground, Energy and Remediation industry sectors. Projects include dams, bridges, tunnels, water and wastewater treatment process facilities, rail infrastructure, mining infrastructure, electrical substations, marine works and pipeline rehabilitation: the complex infrastructure needed to build better communities.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Environmental Advisor to join our growing team. This is a newly created role which will support projects across our Rail, Infrastructure, Rehab, Water and Utilities teams.
Day to day you will work closely with our project teams to develop and implement environmental controls and strategies to ensure compliance across our NSW projects. Your responsibilities will include;
- Working with our project teams to ensure compliance with our environmental management system.
- Working with our project teams to ensure environmental compliance and sustainability targets are met.
- Conducting risk assessments, inspections, and audits and investigating incidents.
- Supporting the development of project specific environmental management plans and documents.
- Managing environmental and sustainability reporting, including monthly project reports.
- Working closely with our Environment and Sustainability Manager on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Partnering with our project teams to build knowledge and awareness of environmental risks and processes.
What you'll bring to the team
You will have relevant tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science or related discipline with a strong knowledge of NSW environmental legislation and regulatory frameworks. You will be an experienced Advisor with experience working in civil construction.
Why you should work with us
Our people are what make Abergeldie successful, and we make sure that this is the kind of place where great people enjoy working for the long term. We have a range of employee benefits including the Abergeldie Bonus Scheme, where all eligible employees share in the benefits of the projects they have helped to deliver. When we deliver winning projects, we celebrate success together!
If this sounds like you APPLY NOW or contact Aleni Togafau for more information